Customers today expect more features, better quality, and improved performance. They also expect it more frequently. Organisations must meet or exceed these expectations to maintain customer satisfaction.
In many organisations the IT Development (Dev) and Operations (Ops) teams operate in silos – with the Dev team developing new features then handing the code to the Ops team to deploy and manage. These silos lead to bottlenecks, slower deployment cycles, larger, more frequent errors, and less innovation.
Avocado can help you to understand the DevOps maturity level in your organisation and develop a strategy and road map for you reach your goals.
DevOps replaces traditional development methods, continuously delivering smaller, more stable releases in a shorter timeframe rather than delivering larger releases less often.
Adopting a DevOps approach brings development and operations teams together to rapidly meet customer needs with:
- Reduce development times – with a more agile and iterative approach, delivering smaller, incremental deployments through continual testing and integration of new code.
- Improve deployment quality – as your releases have already been testing during development, they will be more reliable and secure. Your releases will improve with automation, reducing error-prone, manual processes.
- Deliver new features faster – with reduced development times and improved quality, you’ll be more responsive to your customer and business needs with an accelerated time to market.
DevOps is not a product or a tool, it is a set of principles, or core values, for aligning your development and operational efforts:
- Culture – creating a culture of collaboration and ownership, where people work more closely together to share knowledge, ideas and challenges.
- Automate – move closer to continuous delivery, save time, prevent defects and ensure consistency by removing manual, error-prone tasks and processes. This will also free up more time for your team to focus more on quality delivery and less time on fixing errors.
- Monitor – Ensure objective, evidence-based decision making by continually measuring and monitoring performance.
- Share – create a continual feedback loop across your organisation to learn from experiences and discover new opportunities.
Adopting these principles creates a single, integrated team focused on delivering business outcomes, not just technical requirements. DevOps enables a truly collaborative approach resulting in a single vision, increased business performance and improved customer experiences.
Our consultants have the knowledge and experience to help you build your DevOps capability and enable complete visibility and reporting in real time. This reduces the Mean Time To Repair (MTTR), provides you with operational and business intelligence to make data driven decisions, and drives a feedback loop across the organisation.
Our DevOps experience includes: software delivery assessment; environment management; cloud infrastructure engineering; enabling and optimisation of DevOps tools; automation engineering; continuous monitoring; continuous integration and delivery.
Avocado consultants can work with your teams to:
- understand the DevOps maturity level in your organisation,
- develop a strategy and road map for you to reach your goals, and
- implement the right principles and tools.
You’ll soon be more agile, reliable and responsive – ultimately improving your customer’s experience and your bottom line.
Talk to us about your DevOps needs
* = required